I have been tagged by this beauty at Mt. Washington Beauty to do this 20 Beauty Questions Tag. Thanks for tagging me and get ready to learn a little more about me.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
This is a tough one because I probably am forgetting something here. The first makeup item I remember came with one of My Little Ponies it was a miniature bottle of perfume. It smelt like roses, I loved it and the rose pony was always my favourite I would just love smelling it. Probably why as an adult I still love the smell of roses as it nostalgic as well as beautiful.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits you specifications?
I just love big bold lashes I want long, full, and dramatic. Currently using L’oreal Miss Manga Rock, it will do for now until I find something more dramatic.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Light to medium. I use to only use Tinted Moisturizer from Marcelle. Only recently I have been trying actual foundation. My current favourite being L’oreal Infallible pro matte.
4. Favourite high-end brand.
Honestly I have not tried enough high end brands to name a favourite. I like to consider myself savvy so spending like that is not my favourite and I really don’t splurge on makeup. That and the nearest Mac and Sephora are over an hour away from me. I don’t want to blindly order online so I don’t because the products are not readily accessible.
5. Favourite drug store brand.
Overall NYX has been consistent across the board. To break it down though. My lipstick collection would say Revlon and L’oreal for foundation, concealer, and mascara. These brands dominate my vanity.
6. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Hands down lipstick. I have it stashed everywhere. Purses, pockets, even the vehicle. I always have at least 2 lip products on me at all times.
7. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I guess I’d have to say nail polish as I have more nail polish than anything else as you saw in my post nail polish cull.
8. How often do you shop for makeup?
I asked my boyfriend this he laughed and said everyday. I know I don’t shop everyday but clearly too much!
9. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
After bills and grocery’s are taken care of I guess you could say I spend freely. A beauty budget sounds like s good idea though.
10. What type of beauty product do you buy the most of?
Nail polish I buy a new polish almost every time I buy something. New outfits new polish to match new lipstick new polish to match.
11. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens and sulphites?
No not really but if a product says spf but has no parabens or preservatives and has no ex date stay away that is bad! I’m a skeptic when it comes to most things I read so I do tons of research on everything.
12. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup.
No in fact I will go to many different stores just to see what they got.
13. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I try new products all the time.
14. Favourite bath and body brand?
I have got yeast infections from certain body washes and bubble bath so if must be ph balanced. I really like umbra right now.
15. Do you like multi functional products like lip and cheek stains?
16. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, although I did drop my blush the other day and broke it.. Damn still mad about that.
17. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
18. What do you love about makeup?
I love the colours and combinations. The free creative range with these colours I could wear makeup everyday of the year and have a different loo everyday! The individuality that can be achieved by the wing or lack there of for example. There’s so many styles and designs limitless possibilities! Essentially the creative freedom!
19. Dramatic or natural makeup look?
A combination! I guess it depends where I’m going.
20. Worst makeup-related habit?
Yikes! I’m embarrassed to say this but I should probably wash my brushes more frequently than I do. I’ve been getting better though.
That about sums it all up!! Phew took me longer than I thought it would to get through this. Again as I’m still getting to know you I don’t know if you’ve done this question tag so if you haven’t and your reading this consider yourself tagged!
Take care don’t let the Mondays get you down tomorrow!